Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So we thought...

Going to see Santa this year would be fun, boy were we WRONG! Poor little Jack was scared to death, he was ok until it was our turn...
I carried him to Santa, thinking I would just plop him down on his lap and have his picture taken and I was so dead wrong! I got about 3 feet from Santa and Jack's legs gripped around me so tight and he started freaking out! I didn't know his legs were that strong...so I slowed down, and Santa said "this is probably going to be a Mommy and baby picture"...I was thinking I don't have on anything good! (Silly I know) So we walked a little closer and Jack climed across me to the complete other side while going "uh, uh, ugh, ugh," louder as we got closer...so Santa said to just put him on the other side and sit on his knee...
This was scary for me because this was a really good old Santa (at Bass Pro) and I was afraid I'd break his leg! So I "hovered"...like we do in public bathrooms, it was an exhausting 2 minutes!
Anyway, we did get a picture, but I haven't scanned it in yet, these are the one's my friend Lorie took...too bad we didn't have the video camera!
We are going to try one more time this year with his cousins in a week or so! Maybe he will be "brave" with his "Bubba" Cooper and Saydie...we'll see.

Daddy and Jack waiting to see the "Big Man"

I know it's blurry, but you get the point...see him pushing away from me!?!

Almost ready to take the picture...but still scared to death!

Smile Big...even when scared!

BYE Santa!

1 comment:

Mandi Shandi said...

I think you looked super cute, and I have had the same experience with Santa the past 2 years. The boys did surprise me last year and get one good shot in though. Too bad Shann didn't sit on his lap. THAT would have been a picture!

Labels