Friday, April 11, 2008

Use Your Good Dishes...

I came across this song today, one that I hadn't heard by Point of Grace. For those of you not familiar with them or their music, they are a wonderful Christian women's group that has been around for many years. I listened to this song and got teary eyed...

I feel that everyday, we take our lives, loved one's, good fortune, bad luck, etc. for granted. I know I do. I am so lucky and so blessed. I have a beautiful family, an amazing husband, the perfect little boy...what more could I ask for? I am so thankful to have my friends also, the ones that are always there...no matter what the situation is. The ones that do not judge, that just love.

This past week, my parents lost one of their neighbors. Dr. Bob. He was an amazing man, always there when we needed him for those 'emergency' situations when we had no one else to call...I felt so sad when I heard he died. He had just recently built his 'dream home' and was in the process of selling the home he had in their neighborhood. Dr. Bob died of a stroke. Someone found him at his computer desk at work, slumped over. He was brain dead. I am not sure exactly why this hit me so hard. I guess it just brings up those feelings of 'thinking' someone will always be there. Prime example...my Nanny. I never, honest to the Lord above thought she'd die...maybe silly, but I couldn't imagine our lives without her. And Dr. Bob...he was a dr. for goodness sake! The people that take care of us aren't supposed to just up and die like that...but I know God had other plans for him and his work here was done.


I just got sad knowing that there are people in my life that may not know how I feel about them, how much I love and appreciate them. I think it is more of a 'scared' feeling...one of "if I go tomorrow, will everyone know how much I loved them?" kinda things. I just want everyone to know, how thankful I am to have you in my life...one way or the other.

Here are the lyrics to the song... I hope you enjoy it and remember everyday..."How You Live" by Point of Grace.

Wake up to the sunlight with your windows open
Don’t hold in your anger or leave things unspoken
Wear your red dress use your good dishes
Make a big mess and make lots of wishes
Have what you want, but want what you have
And don’t spend you life looking back
Turn up the music Turn it up Loud
Take a few chances Let it all out
Because you won’t regret it
Looking back from where you have been
Because it’s not who you knew and it’s not what you did
It’s how you Live
So go to the ballgames and go to the ballet
go see your folks more than just on the holidays
Kiss all your children Dance with your wife
Tell your husband you love him every night
Don’t run from the truth cause you can’t get away
Oh no
Just face it and you’ll be ok
Turn up the music Turn it up Loud
Take a few chances Let it all out
Because you won’t regret it
Looking back from where you have been
Because it’s not who you knew and it’s not what you did
It’s how you Live
Where ever you are and wherever you’ve been
Now is a time to begin So give to the needy and Pray for the grieving Even when you don’t think that you can
Cause all that you do is bound to come back to you
So think of your fellow man
And make peace with God and Make peace with yourself
Oh yeah
Cause in the end there’s nobody else

1 comment:

The Runyans said...

oh so true. it's how we live and how we show and tell others about God!

Labels