Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This is what we've been doing...

On Monday, we had a playdate with Baylor (Carrie's little boy) at Sprout Studio...it was fun but I think the Mommy's decided it may not be quiet worth the $12 to play for a few hours when we have all the toys they have at our homes...without all the germs. BUT it was a neat little place and probably a lot better for the older kids...
This is Baylor, Jack's buddy!

The boys trying to escape the "2 year old and under" play area!


On Tuesday, we went to my friend Mary Beth's house to play with her little boy, Thomas (who's 3) and to show her how to 'blog'. However, I figured out that I am not too much of a 'pro'...I'm more of a "figure it out each time I do it" type of girl...
Go visit her page by clicking...The Etherton's

And then today...eshh...the dreaded Dr's Check Up. You know, I now know why we as adults hate to go to the dr...every time poor Jack is in there, he is poked or proded with someting and today was no different. Don't get me wrong, I love the dr's there because they saved his life at 5 weeks, however the 3 shots he got today about killed us all! It is SO stressful for Mommy, Daddy and Jack. He was sweating before they did anything to him AND to beat it all, he had 2 of the 3 shots in his arm!! I just don't think it's very nice because his little arms are so small! Essh, oh well...he handled it like a trooper and was over it about 3 minutes after the nurse walked out of the room...he was so good...he had to have a prize from Wal-Mart! :)

Which brings me to what we were doing at Wal-Mart, it is a known fact how much I really dislike this place, however when you are buying for 23 kids all under the age of 13...it's the place to be! Shannon's store is having their Christmas party Friday and we decided to take some of the money corporate gave them out for toys! What is better than that?!?! We did good, Shannon and I bought all boys and girls presents in less than an hour WITH Jack in the buggy...he was a champ!

Then we went to watch my BEAUTIFUL Saydie dance her little heart out tonight at dance class. Tell me she isn't the most adorable thing in the world? God definitly blessed my Sis and I with beautiful children!!

Oh Yes...she's already a S-T-A-R!!




Shake it GIRL!

7 comments:

The Runyans said...

hey. . .i stopped by over here yesterday or the day before and came back to find mary beth's blog. . .we went to school together, but i hadn't seen her in years!!

tell her i said hey. i don't know if she got my comment on her blog or not!

i, too, can't stand going to walmart this time of the year, but it's practically inevitable that you will find me there. . plus. . .sawyer's bday is saturday. . .i can't even believe it!!

talk to you soon!
jess

Jennifer R. Hamilton said...

I can NOT believe Sawyer is already one! Where has the time gone? I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and Sawyer has a terrific first birthday!! Merry Christmas!
P.S. Thanks for stopping by!

Mandi Shandi said...

Con had his 2 year checkup yesterday, so I know all about the shots and how fun those are! I would like to see Shann shopping for 23 kids in Wal-mart. He is just a big kid himself! And by the way, you are truly blessed. Saydie is a doll!

Anonymous said...

Hi...isn't it great that Jack has little friends...they are all so cute! And boy oh boy is Saydie adorable! what a fun time for your family....it's nice that ya'll are so involved with each other's children...it must really be great to have a sister...
Good job on the shopping for all those kids, proud of ya'll...Merry Christmas! pb

Jennifer R. Hamilton said...

Thanks everyone for visiting and commenting!! Love to all!

Anonymous said...

Tina and I took the girls to Sprout to play once and came to the same conclusion. It is ridiculous that mommies have to pay too!! What in there do we get any enjoyment out of other than the kids we brought with us?!? Glad you got to play Mrs. Claus today. Talk to you soon. Christy

Mary Beth Whitaker said...

Jenn...
Thanks so much for your help getting started on the blog. Jack is so cute. Thomas and I loved seeing you guys this week. Merry Christmas!!

Mary Beth

Labels