Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Oh no...more Lovey's NEEDED!

Ok...so this was my Sister's grand idea...buying Jackson a lovey (for those of you who don't know what one is...it's a small square blankie that a baby can take everywhere). Sis and I actually bought the same one...it's a Child of Mine by Carter's...it's soo super cute and soft and Jack absolutely LOVES it. He sleeps with it, every nap and every night. Well we have 2...but after multiple washings of both, I'm afraid they are going to 'wear' out soon!! I searched and searched for over 2 hours yesterday online trying to find the exact same one...

I found one on ebay that a lady is selling, it's brand new but she wants $25 PLUS shipping for it...I think it cost around $8 at the stores! Sis bought hers at Wal-Mart and I believe I picked up the one I bought him at Target. Well, Sis actually bought him another one for Christmas, and he likes it, but nothing like the 2 he uses daily. It is the sweetest thing, he falls asleep rubbing the tags on the sides of it...it is like a "Taggie" Brand lovey, but softer and oh so much cuter! (His Mommy thinks at least!)
So...I am asking you guys to look around for one! I even tried online at Wal-Mart and they only have the girl ones that are pink...that won't work!! If you happen to see one, let me know and I'll get out there...wherever and buy them out of it! I'm so sad and afraid that we won't be able to find another one and it will be like 'squooshy' bear is to Saydie. She has these bears...I think they are panda bears we picked up at Proffitts, they are FAO Schwartz (sp?) and they don't make them anymore! Poor 'squooshy' bear looks pitiful after almost 5 years of washing, rubbing, sleeping and cuddling!!

Here is a picture of Jack with his Lovey and then I'll post another one of just the lovey so you can see what kind it is!
Thanks so much for your help in this URGENT matter!! :O)

Hope everyone has had a wonderful week so far...we are sooo looking forward to warmer weather to get out and play!!





3 comments:

Tina said...

Wal-Mart is the only store that carries Child of Mine by Carter's.
I'll look for it at the 5 Wal-Marts here in Knoxville. I'm going to email my mom the picture of his Lovey (she's deli manager at Wal-Mart in South Bend, IN.) I'll check Wal-Mart in Newport and you should have Christy check Lenoir City.
Keep checking on ebay. People purposely buy these items to sell on ebay later on, because they know PARENTS like us will go out of our way to get another one.
Thanks to Michelle, I now have this same problem.
Michelle got Taylor a giraffe from Target that she loves. Target doesn't have anymore.

The Runyans said...

i'll keep my eye out too!

The Runyans said...

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&maxrecordsreturned=300&frpp=50&satitle=taggie+%22child+of+mine%22&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&fts=2&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=37087&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1

Labels