Monday, March 3, 2008

What a weekend...

What a weekend we had!
I never knew the worry that my Mother goes through with my Sister and I, but I now understand it!
Jackson started out with a snotty nose and sneezing, no big deal, but then he had a fever!! That scares me to death...but he was ok. It was a very low one, 99.7 was the highest but still, I was worried to death! So, then Sunday we were at Nana and Papaw's house for our weekly visit and I was changing his clothes and felt a really rough, dry spot on his arm...I turned him on his tummy and about passed out! He had these red patches on his back and the back of his left arm!! I immediately screamed "MOM COME HERE" and she ran in there, we assumed it was really dry skin because he hadn't been around anything/anyone to get anything weird like that...so I put baby lotion on it. It seemed to help, so when Jack and I got home last night, I showed his Daddy. He seemed to think it looked like dry, chapped skin too so I was going to call the dr. when we got up this morning if it was worse or not any better. When Jack got up around 7.30a I took him to change his clothes and checked it out, the spots are still on his arm, but gone from his back and they are really light pink and not as bad looking. So, being the Mommy I decided to put a little more lotion on it and then tonight, he's getting a warm bath with no funky smelling baby stuff to make sure he's ok! I just didn't want to call the dr. yet or have to take him because of all the illnesses that are going on. I know I'd have to sit in the sick room because of his nose and calling in with the 'patches' so I was afraid he'd pick up more germs and get worse! He acts fine, it's just me being over protective I guess. I think his surgery and 5 night stay at Children's Hospital when he was 5 weeks old has me very cautious. I have never experienced that kind of worry, sadness, sick in your gut feeling like I did that week! There is nothing like the love a parent has for their children...or there shouldn't be. Jack is my world and every little thing makes this Mommy crazy!!
Anyway, we hope everyone had a great weekend, here is a picture of Jack and Papaw talking...it isn't that clear because it's from my cell phone...but it's still a cute one! And then one with Jack in his bumbo playing with Mr. Bear that Nana bought him.

Papaw and Jackson

Jack playing



3 comments:

Krztena Owens Brooks said...

I love your blog, I keep forgeting to tell you. And either we are both crazy new moms, but I think EXACTLY the same way, that could have came right out of my brain every last word. I think the major scary surgery and everything you all went thru with that plus being a new mommy makes it all seem a little overwhelming like you can't help but to worry the worst because this is your little angel baby and you know your job as mommy is to watch over and protect him. Hope little man feels better by tomm and mommy too. Jackson is lucky to have such a wonderful mommy =)

Jennifer R. Hamilton said...

Thank You Krztena! We are waiting and waiting to meet your little princess! I hope it's before they are walking and talking!! You are so sweet and I'm so glad we have each other!! Thanks for commenting!! Love ya!

Jodie said...

I don't think the anxiety or worry ever goes away. No matter how old your kids are or how many you have. It's an instinct that God blessed only Mommies with!!! Hope all is well with Jack now!!

Labels