Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Song

Great Is Thy Faithfulness: {Words By:}Thom­as O. Chis­holm, 1923. Ac­cord­ing to Chis­holm, there were no spe­cial cir­cum­stanc­es which caused its writ­ing—just his ex­per­i­ence and Bi­ble truth. The hymn first ap­peared in Songs of Sal­va­tion and Serv­ice, 1923, com­piled by Wil­liam M. Run­yan. It is the un­of­fi­cial “school hymn” of Moo­dy Bi­ble In­sti­tute in Chi­ca­go, with which Run­yan was as­so­ci­at­ed for a num­ber of years.
**From:http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/g/i/gisthyf.htm**

Great is Thy faithfulness,
O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassion's, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Refrain

I chose this song for many reasons, but above all...
When people let us down, our health let's us down, or just our circumstances are not where we'd want them to be...God is ALWAYS Faithful. He NEVER fails us.
I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.

2 comments:

Mandi Shandi said...

Amen to that. This is one of my favorite traditional hymns. It reminds me of my grandpa. Hope you had a good weekend too!

Honey said...

a very powerful Hymn....this is a great blog...praying for Christie!

Labels