Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend Gone Already?

Where is the time going now? I swear, as I creep closer to 30 I seem to find myself in a daze about time and how in the world it goes by so fast now. I remember when I was younger, how days would last for what seemed like weeks (especially Christmas Eve!) and now, if you blink, you'll miss it.
The family and I got up and at 'em yesterday morning and went and visited a church! It was a good one too and we were so happy we went! The Preacher had potato's sitting around the pew's when everyone got there, it was weird...but his entire sermon was on being a "Pew Potato"...kind of like a couch potato...it was a great message and he was really funny too, which hits a few good marks with the hubby! We all enjoyed it and will be going back next Sunday. We love going to church with my family at their churches, or to the church that I belong too...but as long as the hubby and I've been married, we have never joined a church together. With Jack getting older, being involved in church is something that is very important to me for his life. I was in church all my life, maybe not every time the doors opened, but we were usually there every Sunday morning and maybe Sunday night. I want Jack to just "know" that is what we do...we go to church to get our "cups filled". My husband and I also decided that we wanted to find a church closer to our house, so driving 30 minutes to church wouldn't stop us from going! Plus, I want to get involved in a MOPS group and go ahead and put Jack in a Mother's Day Out program a few times a week and this new church offers both!!

After church, we went to lunch and then had to run to Target, so we didn't get home until 2.30 and the little man was wore out, so was I...so we napped. Then when we got up, it was time for me to start on my education philosophy paper that is due this coming Saturday. Oh boy did I! I was up until 2.30am trying to get it finished and I finished with a 9 page rough draft. It needs some revising and editing...but at least the "meat" of it is finished...the potato's come next!

However, all this hard work left me out of blogger world and I didn't get to post my Sunday Song...so it's here today. The Monday Song... :)

Enjoy it and have a great day!

A few months ago, I had the privilege to go with my Sister and a few friends from her church to a Women of Faith conference in Atlanta. My favorite part was the music of course and to my surprise...Nicole C. Mullen was there. If you are not familiar with her, google her and go to her page. She is amazing and can move mountains with her voice! She lives in Nashville with her family and could possibly be one of the best performers ever! Not to mention her "to die for" arms and body. She is one built woman! (I am going to try and figure out how to put songs on here before long...so you can hear them...not have to read them!)


"When I Call on Jesus" by Nicole C. Mullen

I'm so very ordinary

Nothing special on my own

I have never walked on water

I have never calmed a storm

Sometimes I'm hiding away from the madness around me

Like a child who's afraid of the dark

But when I Call On JesusAll things are possible

I can mount on wings like eagles and soar

When I call on Jesus
Mountains are gonna fall

'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call

La la la la, la la la la

Weary brother

Broken daughter

Widowed, widowed lover

You're not alone

If you can't find the strength to carry on
But when you call on Jesus
All things are possible
You can mount on wings like eagles and soar
When you call on Jesus
Mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue you when you call
Call Him in the mornin'
In the afternoon time
Late in the evenin'
He'll be there
When your heart is broken
And you feel discouraged
You can just remember that He said He'll be there
When I call on Jesus
All things are possible
I can mount on wings like eagles and soar
When I call on Jesus
Mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful....great idea that Preacher had re: pew potatoes...good for ya'll!!!! great song...patti

Mandi Shandi said...

So glad you found a possible church. I agree that it is so important and am so glad I was raised in church. I love that song too. It's been on my playlist for a while now and I never get tired of it. Hope you have a great week and good luck on the paper.

The Runyans said...

hey! i'm so thankful that i'm not having to work on papers anymore. where did you go to church at? i, too, want to start going to MOPS, but seeing that my children are "attached" at the hip. . .i don't know if they will let me leave them. we are wanting to put sam in a mdo, as well this fall. . .probably at kodak united methodist!
let me know where you went! i'll let you know about the "shoot". i'm waiting until it gets a little warmer. . . whenever that will be! but i will need you too!! she sent adult pants as well

Labels