Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Let Me OUT!"

I believe my little man is over the winter weather.
He just goes to my windows and stares out.
It breaks my heart, but I don't get him out...just to leave the house when it's cold outside. I guess it's my fault we have cabin fever...but *knock on wood* he has not been as bad sick this winter as he was last winter. Granted, we've got the snotty nose here and there...but nothing too bad. I am just completely scared to death of germs.
I think I forgot to tell you all about my "diagnosis" from Jack's doctor a few weeks ago. We took him in because of his runny nose and he started to develop a little cough. My husband proceeds to tell her {everything} I had already diagnosed him with...RSV, the Croup, etc. Of course, he thinks I'm a freak...but she did say that he was fine and that there was a "medical term" for what "I have" {didn't know I had anything!} It is called...get this...the "VULNERABLE CHILD"! Which I believe as first time parents we all have, but she said when your child has a life threatening/traumatic event early on in their life, like Jack did...the parents automatically think the worst is going to happen to their child. And I completely do this. It's awful, but that entire week Jack was in the hospital at 5 weeks...I think I experienced every emotion known to man. And now, I always think something bad is going to happen to him or a simple cold is going to turn into so much more. I know, most parents do this...but for Jack's pediatrician {which was the one that put him in the hospital at 5 weeks, diagnosed him and saved his life!} I believe she was spot on. I am going to do some research on it, maybe I need medication? ;)

Here are some pictures of my adorable little baby boy, who I remind you is 17 months old...starring out the window in our living room. Don't mind his toys, or the picture frames under the table, it's his daily ritual to rearrange them how "he wants". I believe it's his creative outlet!
Where's Jack? See his little feet under my blinds? Love it~

Knock Knock! Is anybody out there to come get me outta here?!?!

I love this one...I love his sweet profile~

4 comments:

Amber said...

Sweet baby! I completely understand. My little guy LOVES to be outside. I think he actually gets sick of the house and just needs a change of scenery. Tell him to wait just a while longer, spring is on the way!

Mandi Shandi said...

I feel your pain! Well sort of. My boys also love the outdoors and when we have a day or two of bad weather I am getting stir crazy, so I can only imagine you all. Our weather is much milder here so we get outside almost everyday. Hope the weather lets up soon!

~Brown's Blessings~ said...

I think it is an age thing too. Cade cries and cries to go outside. All he wants to do is ride in his red wagon, and feed the cows in the field near our house. He tosses them bread. lol.. Cows obviously are not big bread eaters, but thankfully he does know that. Our house has a bread shortage b/c it all goes to the cows. lol...

~Brown's Blessings~ said...

small world. whitney cut cade's hair his first time too. rylee was born 2 days before cade. they were cade's first hospital visitors. lol... rylee is a doll!!! i only trusted whitney to cut cade's hair b/c she was use to rylee. it made me feel better. yes, we are working on breaking the paci too. i'm going to cry more than him b/c it makes me feel like i'm losing my baby to toddler-hood! I think we are going to not let him have it during the day, but allow it at bedtime for a few more weeks. keep me posted on your progress.

Labels