Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WARNING...this will be a LONG post~

I am so behind on blogging from this past weekend and week...so I am going to try and play "catch up" in this one.
First, I need to say a BIG THANK YOU to Mrs. PB at Peanut Butter & Honey for my wonderful "Craft-It-Forward" gift she sent me and I happen to get on Valentine's Day!! I was sooo super excited to get a package and when I opened it, I got tears in my eyes just because it was so perfect and my very own apron...in fact my first very own apron, my other 2 came from my Nanny when she died, so this one will always be special to me! I really thank you Mrs. PB and I will treasure it always...along with the sweet note that came along with it.
I only wish I could craft something for you...I have some idea's and will try to make them "come true" this weekend...but I'll let you know!
Here are some pictures of my adorable apron that matches my kitchen and breakfast nook perfectly~I really think I am going to leave it out somehow in my kitchen since it matches so well...what do you think?
Look how beautiful~I know you're jealous~~ :}
Did I mention it is reversible?!?!

The stitching is even adorable~

I put it on my chair to try and show you again how perfect it matches my kitchen nook~
~~~~~
Ok, so my brain goes out of order sometimes, so I'm going to have to "back up" a day...on Friday, we had the wonderful Baynes family in from Ohio. They are always so much fun and they really feel like family to us. Last year when they were down, they all were sick and Jack was only about 6 months old, so they didn't get to interact with him very much. Well, luckily this year, they were all well and Jack was very much spoiled this weekend by them! He loved them and would give them hugs and kisses and I really think Monday he missed not having them here to play with or really, to drag around the house.
I of course didn't get a single picture of them so next time, the camera will be around my neck the entire time~Thanks Ed, Susan & Megan for coming to visit and for being so wonderful to our Jack.
~~~~~
So now, skipping to Sunday.
Sunday was a very special and stressful day for my Mom and I.
I had come up with the idea of having my Sister a SURPRISE 35th Birthday Party a few months ago and really wanted it to be a special day to celebrate her. She has done so much for me throughout my life, especially since Jack has been here and I wanted her to know how much we all loved her and cherish her.
She has been through a lot with her Lupus and other health issues...we needed to celebrate the big 3-5...right?!
Well, long story short, it was perfect. She was surprised {or was a very good actress and missed her calling!} and loved it. I have a few pictures I'll share on here.
The set-up~
SURPRISE!!
Sis and her 2 blessings~

Sis with her beautiful cake! That was super yummy too!

I'm so lucky to have them in my life. I love them with all my heart.
Me, Sis, Mom & Saydie~"Just us girls" as Saydie would say!

Sis & Me with our beautiful Mommy~
Gigi's Love's...2 reasons why I wanted to become a Mommy~

~~~~~

One last thing...Jack had his first official hair cut at a salon last week! He did soo good, and it probably helped that his "stylist" has a little girl the same age! Mrs. Whitney did such a great job and stuck a sucker in his mouth and he was content!




He loved it I believe because he could watch himself the entire time in the mirror!

~~~~~

One last thing and this is a prayer request! I know it maybe silly to some, but it is a serious issue in our house!

We are getting rid of the 'pappy' (paci) or trying. Jack is only 17 months old, and it maybe too early, but he gets little bumps on his chin from the drool and the pappy being in his mouth at night. Granted, he doesn't use it all the time, just for sleeping and if he's just watching t.v. but he is SUPER attached to it. I have started by un-attaching it to his lovey. I have always had it attached to his little "Linus" blanket his drags around and he associates them together. Well, last night, I got brave and took the pappy holder off so all he had was his pappy and his lovey. He was so very confused and kept handing them to me saying "broke, broke, broke". It was pitiful, but I know it's the first step to getting rid of it all together.

SO pray that Daddy and I can stick with it and Jack won't have too many issues with it. I am still not sure how I'm going to get rid of it, whether it "disappears" a few times a day so he doesn't have it all the time, or cutting the end...??

I'M SCARED!

Do any of you have any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

He was very easy to get rid of the bottle...we got rid of that at about 12 months and he's been on a sippy cup ever since...but the "pappy" is a whole different monster!

5 comments:

Mary Beth Whitaker said...

Thomas got rid of his "binki" (paci) much later in life more like after he was 2 1/2. I was scared to death but I had gathered up all but one of them already and put them away, then I made him throw the one he had in the trash, I told him it was because he was a big boy now and didn't need it anymore. He threw it right in the trash. He did cry for a second but surprisingly he did fantastic. Just don't turn back, stand your ground. It will be harder on you than him :)

Mandi Shandi said...

WOW! You have been SO BUSY! First, don't you just LOVE your apron? I was so super excited to get mine too!
I am so glad you pulled off the surprise party! I know firsthand how wonderful that is and I'm sure it made your sis feel so special.
Last, about the binky, we are still trying to get rid of Con's, but he will go places without it now and I can tell a difference. We had to cut his, but we are down to him only having it at bedtime/naptime. I am taking my time with it, and he is adjusting. Good luck!
Oh yeah, one more thing! I love little man's new do and chuck taylor's. Con has the same ones and they are adorable!

Breathing In Grace said...

Jenn...this is Debbie, Jessica Leigh's Mom. I have a question about your weight loss. I think we've talked a bit about it before. Would you care to e-mail me at debandjack@comcast.net with what the program you used entailed...phone number of the clinic, how many times you went, etc??? Thanks so much for your response!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog Jenn! Good luck with the paci, but you gotta do it!

Anonymous said...

I love love love your apron...and yes we are jealous! You are so talented too I know you can craft something to "craft forward." Love the new haircut. Jack is getting so big... he is such a cutie!! Oh, and the "vulnerable child" thing. You went through a lot in the first weeks of your first child...it is understandable. Just remember, don't worry....pray...cb

Labels